How PDF-eXPLODE works to save you time and money
PDF-eXPLODE turns paper and electronic documents - invoices, statements and other reports and correspondence - into secure e-mails that are sent to customers all at once. Instead of printing, sorting, stuffing and mailing stacks of paper, or e-mailing documents one-by-one, PDF-eXPLODE uses the computer to do the work. Use our ROI Calculator to calculate your potential savings.
With the click of your printer button, PDF-eXPLODE takes a report or a word or mail merge document and, instead of printing it, converts it to a master PDF document.
Next, PDF-eXPLODE “explodes” (i.e. bursts or splits) the master PDF into individual PDF attachments based on hidden e-mail tags in the original document.
Then PDF-eXPLODE distributes each individual PDF either via e-mail, a shared drive on your local area network or FTP (available soon) to the designated recipients.
- Can use with text documents or data-driven reports, seamlessly fitting into your business workflow. PDF-eXPLODE works with most business applications, including Crystal Reports, R&R Report Writer Microsoft Access and Microsoft Word.
- Works by reading “tags” easily included in the page header at the start of each section within a document or a report to indicate the e-mail address where the PDF attachment should be sent and the subject/message that should be used.
- Preserves the professional appearance of your original documents so the electronic and paper versions look identical. It uses Adobe PDF (Portable Document Format), which is universally used to share documents.
- Combines multiple documents to the same recipient into a single PDF, so your customers receive streamlined communications and you need only archive one correspondence file.
- Distributes a document to multiple recipients, saving you the time of collating and routing, and making sure it's being sent to the right recipients.
- Defaults to a general e-mail subject and message to make e-mail deliveries as easy and hands-free as possible.
- Optionally applies customized e-mail subjects and messages to each individual PDF attachment for enhanced customer service.
- Optionally password-protects files to further secure your communications.
- Delivers and saves an archive copy of each PDF document so you have a record of all sent e-mails.
- Keeps a log for job verification, so you can review successful delivery as well as uncover any errors.
- Can turn documents into PDFs and archive them without sending if you want to easily sort and store electronic versions for future reference – or send at a later date.
- Allows for the flexibility to use interactively or to automate for high-volume jobs , so you can manage deliveries that you want to oversee or pre-schedule hands-free deliveries with Windows Task Scheduler when you're out of the office.
- Efficiently sends documents directly through your mail server (SMTP) rather than using your e-mail client, such as Outlook or Notes, to avoid your having to manually confirm security-block messages that pop up, and to provide your choice of e-mail From: address.
- Electronically distributes your documents in a variety of ways, including e-mail, in shared network folders or even using Web or FTP sites (available soon).
- As a printer driver, easily installs on any Windows computer in your Printer Control Panel.
10 New Reasons Version 4 is Even Better
- Mail Merge: We’ve added mail merge capabilities so you can personalize e-mails by including variables
in your tag and inserting the variables within your e-mail subject and message.
- Cover Page: Now you can insert a cover page or document at the beginning of every PDF file. Use this
feature to include a newsletter or announcement for greater efficiency and impact.
- Dynamic File Naming: You can better organize your PDF files by supplying the desired folder and file
names in the tag. Each PDF can be directed to a specified folder and each file name computed according
to your business rules. You can also now include or remove a timestamp on file names, allowing you to preserve
multiple versions of a PDF or overwrite them and reduce clutter.
- Multiple Output Destinations: Now you can choose whether to e-mail, print and/or archive a document,
depending upon business rules and customer preferences.
- Powerful E-mail Addressing: You can now send a document to a distribution list. For example, you can
associate the name “Managers” with the e-mail addresses of specific managers. This feature is especially useful
if your database does not contain the necessary e-mail addresses. You can also send a document to multiple
recipients by including their e-mail addresses in the tag, giving you the flexibility to control
distribution by applying business rules at run-time. There is also now a BCC option to send blind copies.
- More E-mail Options: You can specify a different sender name for each type of document based on the
Message ID or the specific client. You can also set the importance and sensitivity of your e-mail messages.
And you can set a time delay between e-mails to prevent e-mail server errors arising from too many simultaneous
- Quick Mail: A new Quick Mail feature lets you manually e-mail ad hoc documents without inserting the
customary tag. Plus, if you use Microsoft Outlook or Outlook Express, you can select e-mail addresses
from your existing contact list.
- Enhanced Password Protection: You can apply a global password to all documents to provide basic security
with minimal effort, or you can include individual user passwords in the tag to use existing passwords
from your database.
- Added Security: PDF-eXPLODE now supports SSL and TLS, two of the most common types of e-mail encryption
used by e-mail services such as Google™ G-mail™.
- Other Conveniences: Silent Mode now offers the option to suppress all status windows so you can continue
working without interruption during large batch processing. Each time PDF-eXPLODE options are modified, a backup
copy is automatically saved in a user-specified folder. PDF files may be optionally backed up to prevent overwriting
existing files. Also, when running PDF-eXPLODE from a command line, the print queue window no longer remains open
after processing has completed.
PDF-eXPLODE can be used in virtually any business and by
any department that sends bulk individualized communications
– whether to customers, employees, vendors or prospects.
Below is a sampling of the most popular uses for PDF-eXPLODE. Also see News for Case Studies, Reviews, Articles and Press Releases.
Manufacturing/Shipping and Fulfillment
- Order confirmations
- Shipping memos
Accounting and Finance
- Purchasing orders
- Internal budget status reports
Human Resource Departments
- Direct deposit advice
- Benefits statements
- 401(k) statements
- Current benefit summaries
- Change in benefits notification
- Open enrollment/benefit election forms
Sales and Marketing
- Targeted sales letters
- Promotional mailings
- Thank you notes
- Re-order solicitations
- Internal lead status reports
- Billing statements
- Appointment confirmations
- Reminders to schedule appointment
Financial Service Providers
- Monthly, quarterly, year-end statements
- Trade confirmations
- Portfolio management and reviews
- Operating System: MicrosoftÒ
Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7/8/10, Windows 2000, Windows Server 2003Ò,
Windows Server 2008, Windows 2012 and Windows 2016
- Hard Drive: Minimum 52.5MB of free disk space, plus additional space for PDF files created
- RAM: At least 64MB of free RAM, more during PDF creation